I am well-aware that I am trailing despondently behind the in-crowd by about 7 light-years, but that doesn’t make me any less excited about this.
Behold the latest addition to my denim family: 7 for all Mankind’s “Rickie” boyfriend jeans.
ISN’T SHE GORGEOUS?
I’M SO STOKED RIGHT NOW, I CAN’T STOP CAPS-ING ALL MY LETTERS!!!
I mean, sure I’ve resisted this trend for years for a number of reasons…
1) Boyfriend jeans are for really slim/tall/leggy people.
2) You, Minty, are none of these things.
3) Boyfriend jeans have a tendency to visually cut a short person in half.
4) Minty, you are a short person. These jeans WILL visually shorten you even further.
5) You live at that imaginary line, exactly where Humidity Hell is located (a.k.a the Equator); you can barely stand to wear cotton-twill pants all week long, much less don denim on your only off-day.
6) 98% of all boyfriend jeans look really unflattering.
7) The remaining 2% are unreasonably priced.
… but today, a larger, divine voice spoke to me through the clouds of logical reasoning, undermining my fundamental resistance to this strain of denim in one swift motion:
1) 60% OFF.
I don’t know about any of you guys, but that’s a good enough reason for me to take the plunge.
I’ll probably cry about this later, but I’ll let Future Minty deal with it. That chick is way wiser than I am.
She’ll know what to do.
But in the meantime, LOOK HOW COOL THESE CELEBRITIES LOOK IN THEIR BOYFRIEND JEANS!!!