I have another easy DIY following this previous DIY post last week, where I used a man’s shirt to make a paperbag skirt! The significant other doesn’t complain anymore – he kinda likes how I’m having fun with his work clothes (he’s a doctor)! ;)
Note: I am petite and standing at only 5’2″ and therefore this DIY would work as a short dress for me. If you are however tall, this DIY would work as a top for you :D
Incorporating the same steps as the DIY paperbag skirt, pull the shirt upwards to cover your bust!
Step #1: Thrift through any male’s closet (secretly), and find one you like!
- Step #2: Wear a strapless bra (just in case of wardrobe malfunction!)
- Step #3: The upper part of the shirt(where the collar is) should be fitted above your breasts.
- Step #4: Button the shirt as desired until you get a ‘sweetheart’ neckline like a bustier/corset.
- Step #5: Take the sleeves, pull tight and make a knot below your bust. This gives the grecian effect.
- Step #6: Take the excess sleeves and make a bow!
- P.S: The way to keep this from falling off is to firstly wear a good strapless bra! Make sure the buttons are tight and secure wherever you button them on your bust, and lastly make sure you tie a tight knot!
This is the finished product:
Men’s Shirt: New Look
I hope you found this fun! Let me know if you’ve tried this before, and if you are going to – I’d love to see a picture :D
♥ P E A C H E S