HAPPY BIRTHDAY P! HURRAAAH! I know I’ve already bombarded you on BBM but another birthday note can’t hurt, right? (This one also involves a pink balloon.) Hope you have a crazy wonderful day today, and I think you should totally sneak off and have a bit of a relaxing day (if you can)! Heehee. I miss your face many.
I’ve been dreaming about pancakes for the longest time now. It’s kind of obscene how much I’m obsessed with pancakes, but what’s there not to love about sweetened breakfast carbs that resemble fluffy golden pillows of soft buttery goodness? … You know, other than possible diabetes in the long run …
But who’s asking, anyway?
Any-hoo, in an effort to torture myself, I’ve spent the morning perusing the Internet for pancake recipes.
Behold, the recipe for Buttermilk Pancakes, that I managed to find through a really nice food blog called howto-simplify.
ph. via howto-simplify
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat griddle over medium-high heat.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and butter in a small bowl.
- Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture. Allow batter to sit for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Ladle the batter onto the hot griddle in circles. Cook until the edges are golden brown and bubbles surface. Use a spatula to flip the pancakes and continue to cook until the other side is golden brown. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
- Repeat cooking process with remaining batter.
ERR, OMG. *wipes drool off chin*